We're excited to announce that more adventure and wonder awaits in the depths of Don't Starve's caves. Due to some server hounds ravaging things over at Google's App Engine servers, we're a bit later than normal sending this update. But fear not! They seem to have tamed any unruly beasts in their system and the newest update is now available on Steam, Chrome and our stand alone client for all to enjoy.
Attention Don't Starve Mod Community!
This new update brings along some improvements (listed here) that will undoubtably please curious modders and unleash even more incredible community creations into the world. If you're new to Don't Starve modding, our community has build a great introductory post highlighting all of the glorious mods just waiting for you.
Major Update Notes:
New Things To Discover:
- Peaceful rock lobster herds roam the gloomy depths.
- Bunnymen turn into beardlords when your sanity is low.
- Ever wonder what's right below a tentacle? MORE TENTACLE!
- The invasive Lureplant will taunt you with its delicious veggiemeat.
- Eat exotic cave bananas!
- Ferns! You can burn 'em!
- More colourful mushtree varieties.
- Stalagmites come in more varied shapes.
New Things to Craft and Use!
- The vampiric BatBat.
- The marginally useful Compass.
New Map Generation Features:
- Gaze into the abyss in the caves!
- Cave walls are prettier.
- Cave layouts are... caveier.
If you're a art connoisseur, you can obtain a large version of our fancy update poster. You may also wish to discuss the latest update among fellow champions of science! To do so, you can head over to our update post on the official Don't Starve Forum! You'll also get all the juicy details about the brand new mod support, game tweaks and fixes in our full release notes.