Greetings and salutations fellow intrepid explorers! Have you ever wondered what incredible powers are hidden within the mysterious Maxwell? Well, now you can unleash his otherworldly shadow helpers in our latest update!
In addition, we've included a new, free horror mod that's sure to scare those who dare try it. But that's not all, we've also implemented a new section to the mods screen displaying the top five mods of the day! Very soon you will be able to expand your game with five of the most popular mods our community have created. If you're looking for a place to discuss these new improvements, we have just a thing! Read onward for our complete release notes.
There's a new one! And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. If you click on it, it will grow to a creepy-crawly gargantuan size using the infinite powers of the internet... and Maxwell!
Major Update Notes:
- Maxwell can now summon his shadow helpers for support in combat - up to three of these can be summoned to follow and fight alongside maxwell.
New Horror Mod:
- The Screecher is a free horror mod for Don't Starve. It is included as free content for all owners!
Creatures & Items:
- Defeated Mosquitoes now drop loot!
- The "Totally Normal Tree" now spawns in the world.
Tweaks & Changes:
- Depth Worm attacks ramp up over an increased time period.
- Spitter Spiders' projectile range and speed have been decreased.
- Miner Hats can now be refueled with light bulbs or fireflies.
- Wickerbottom's books now have descriptions!
- The Tooth Trap and Bee Mines can no longer be packed to closely by dropping them.
- Main menu buttons have been rearranged.
- New animations to mining and book reading have been added.
- Feedback has been improved when character takes damage over time.
- New, additional music have been added to the Ruins.
- The text widget and console focus have been improved.
- Controller/gamepad input have been improved - action button will now harvest farms, crockpots and drying racks.
- A new "Top Mods" section has been added to the mods screen. Very soon, it will show the top five most popular mods of the day.
- Mods can now specify a save slot instead of using slots 1-4.
- Sublime Text, a script editor, has been packaged with the mod tools in Steam!
- Road Textures can now be overwritten by a mod
If you want to discuss the latest update among other fellow champions of science, you can head over to our update post on the official Don't Starve Forum! You'll also get the complete list of game tweaks and fixes in our full release notes.