Greetings and salutations fellow champions of science! Firstly, apologies for the delay on the Standalone, Chrome, and Linux (Steam) updates. There was an issue that prevented us from launching the latest update on these platforms until now, and we wanted to make sure that everything was in tip-top shape before getting Six Feet Under in your hands!
And with this new update, the time has come to announce that the oft-requested addition of controller support has finally been implemented! You can now attempt to survive the uncompromising wilderness world with a gamepad! Read onward for our complete release notes.
We've included a new, chilling poster for your eyes to observe. And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. However... If you click on it, it will grow to a creepy-crawly monstrous size using the powers of the interwebs!
Major Update Notes:
- The Mod uploader now works on all platforms!
- New modding tutorials have been added! Read them here.
- Set pieces and prefabs are now specified in level files and not hardcoded in world gen. For more information on this change head on over to the update release notes.
- Dying in the caves works the same way as the over world!
- Caves can no longer be regenerated.
- Time has now been synced across cave levels.
- You can now resurrect between cave levels.
- Changes and improvements have been added to Cave world generation:
- Improved generation include areast that feel more unique
- Added new biomes including Red and Green fungus forests and sunken swamps
- The nightmare has further influenced the caves. Fissures can be found throughout.
- Stalagmites can now be totally destroyed.
- Added new art for the ruins entrance.
- Beware the new monstrous creature burrowing in the caves!
- Followers have been updated and will keep up with their leader.
- Fire Hounds can now be frozen and Ice Hounds can be burned.
- Destroying the cave worm drops a magical food item.
- Added new Thulecite Crown magical effect.
- Fire darts can be used on non-burnable creatures but will do no damage. They can also be used to thaw frozen creatures.
- Controller support added! Don't Starve is mostly playable with a gamepad with more improvements coming in the next update.
If you want to discuss the latest update among other fellow champions of science, you can head over to our update post on the official Don't Starve Forum! You'll also get the complete list of game tweaks and fixes in our full release notes.
Greetings and Salutations fellow champions of science! Firstly, apologies for the delay in transmission of our electronic informational posting. We've been busy working on improving one of the most exciting aspects of this update, simplified modding!
We wanted to make sure we had our proverbial ducks in a line before letting you know - but the time has come! Creating your Don't Starve creatures and game tweaks is now easier than ever. Read onward for our complete release notes.
We've fantastically friendly poster for you to observe. And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. However... if you click on it, it will grow to a magnificent monstrous size using the powers of the internet.
Major Update Notes:
- Create your own character animations and sounds using Spriter & FMOD!
- New modding tutorials.
- These tools are still in development and should be considered experimental. Please give us feedback in the Pipeline Tools Thread.
- Re-laid out the mods screen in anticipation of controller support.
- You can repair chess junk piles with gears to spawn a friendly chess mob.
- New Nightmare Knight
- New Nightmare Monkey
- Splumonkeys no longer use the "follower" component while they harass you. This should make fighting back easier.
- Added a day/night cycle to the sinkholes (this is not synced with the upper world).
- Added a new pillar type into level 1 caves.
- You can now craft a shooty horn/eye turret item.
- You can now craft potted ferns.
- You can now craft the "Deconstruction Staff".
- You can deconstruct any item that has a recipe to gain the materials used to craft it.
- The staff takes into account how "used" an item is. If you deconstruct something with only 30% durability left, you will only get 30% of the materials back.
- The staff will never give back gems that are part of any recipe.
- You can now craft Thulecite walls.
- Items in the ruins will now sometimes drop "Thulecite fragments" which can be refined into Thulecite.
- The Ancient Guardian will now drop a horn when killed.
- Fishing in the wilds ponds will now produce an eel.
- The eel can be cooked into unagi.
- Changed the art of the monkey spawner.
- Increased the number of uses the pickaxe has.
- You can now craft with the keyboard. (This is part of the WIP controllers support)
If you want to discuss the latest update among fellow champions of science, you can head over to our update post on the official Don't Starve Forum! You'll also get the complete list of game tweaks and fixes in our full release notes.
Are you at PAX Prime 2013? Come visit us at Booth #683 we've got our first ever Don't Starve Blind-Box Art Figure Collectable.
In the final production, there will be 12 figures based on characters from Don't Starve to collect, this is our first 100 Wilson figures ever made.
Exclusive to PAX there is a chance to get a solid gold Wilson. More figures and details coming after PAX. And yes, once the line is fully released you'll be able to buy online.