Greetings and salutations! The latest update of Don't Starve is now live on Steam! Prepare to be spoiled rotten!
If you'd like to discuss this update, you can head over to this forum post.
Special Note for Chrome Users:
Report: WX78 operational.
Status: Update imminent. Projected launch 01-15-13.
Loading projection archive...
New update releases March 12th, 2013. The forecast is soggy.
Live Stream From Inside Klei's Studio.
If you'd like to get an early peek at the upcoming update, UK based Twitch TV Streamer ShannonZKiller will be streaming the new build live on Monday from inside Klei Entertainment's office!
WHO: ShannonZKiller & Klei's Don't Starve Team!
WHAT: Exclusive live stream early look at the next Don't Starve update: "A Little Rain Must Fall"
WHEN: Monday March 11th, 2013 at 2:00PM PST.
WHERE: ShannonZKiller's Twitch TV Stream (Live from inside Klei's studio).
WHY: For science!
Update Trailer: A Little Rain Must Fall
Today the cold snap of winter has arrived, bringing with it new challenges and beasts a-plenty. If you missed our most recent moving picture show you may investigate it here!
- MacTusk the Walrus - Sets up camp in an igloo, and then hunt you with blowdarts and hounds.
- Deerclops - He’s big, he likes to smash stuff, and he’s really hard to kill. You should probably just run away.
- Winter Koalefant - You can harvest his warm winter trunk.
- Snowbird - A winter bird that drops a new type of feather.
- Mosquitos - Spawn from ponds or Maxwellian traps. They eat too much and explode!
- Ice Hound - Comes instead of the fire hound during winter.
- Blue gem
- Walrus Tusk
- Deerclops Eye
- Tam o’Shanter
- Snowbird feather
- Ice Staff
- Blow Darts (damaging)
- Winter Trunk Vest
For the complete release notes, you can visit our forum post which details the tuning and tweaks that accompany this latest enhancement.
There is a chill upon the air! Enjoy this frosty preview of “A Winter’s Tale!”