Greetings fellow champions of science! We hope you're well rested and feeling tip-top. Our latest update titled "Insanity!" is best approached with a sharp mind. If you're feeling up to it, the latest version is now available for exploration. If you wish to discuss your findings with fellow intrepid explorers, you may proceed to our community forum posting!
Are you at PAX Prime 2013? Come visit us at Booth #683 we've got our first ever Don't Starve Blind-Box Art Figure Collectable.
In the final production, there will be 12 figures based on characters from Don't Starve to collect, this is our first 100 Wilson figures ever made.
Exclusive to PAX there is a chance to get a solid gold Wilson. More figures and details coming after PAX. And yes, once the line is fully released you'll be able to buy online.
New Update: The Stuff of Nightmares!
Greetings and salutations fellow champions of science! We're pleased to announce that the latest version of Don't Starve is now available to download! If you're looking for a place to discuss these new improvements, we have just such a thing! Head over to our post in the Don't Starve forum.
Introducing Steam Workshop!
We've been nothing but amazed by the player creations that have popped up since we introduced modding to Don't Starve. Now it's easier than ever to create and install mods for Don’t Starve to change your game and share with the community.
What does that mean? Well, a lot of things. Add in custom characters, play with the world generation, create new creatures and items, or take your adventure in a whole new direction! Using our handy-dandy Mod Upload Machine you can put your mods directly onto Steam Workshop for everyone to download and enjoy.
We've created a Workshop page on the official Don't Starve page that will help you get started modding!
Major Update Notes:
- Steam Workshop support has been added! You can install mods directly from Steam, and enable and disable them in-game.
- Translations can now be distributed as mods. See sample mod here.
- Many modding API additions including access to world gen, brains, cookpot recipes and more! There is a full list of these changes, as well as other mod-specific changes, over in the modding forum.
- New Level: The Ruins!
- The abandoned ruins of a once great civilization is now in the second level of the Caves.
- Discover the cause of their demise while you explore five new areas within the ruins.
- You will come across ancient clockwork monsters in the ruins.
- The terrifying Ancient Guardian lurks within the labyrinth.
- Beware of ambush! The Dangling Depth Dweller spider has been added.
- New crafting tab: Ancients!
- Discoverable Items:
- Slurper Pelt
- Green Gems
- Broken Clockworks
- Nightmare Lights
- Ancient Pseudoscience Station
- Ornate Chests
- Thulecite Walls
- Wilds Pond
- Craftable Items:
- The Pick/Axe: Dual functionality!
- Magiluminesense: Light the way while keeping your hands and head free for activities!
- The Lazy Explorer: Don't like walking? This staff is for you!
- Construction Amulet: See all the inefficiencies in your crafting.
- Thulecite Medallion: Track the ebb and flow of ambient magic levels.
- Belt of Hunger: Keep all that important food inside you!
- Thulecite Suit: Protection from things hitting you.
- Thulecite Club: Hit things!
New Game Screen:
- Keep track of your deaths in the new Morgue Screen.
If you're looking for general update discussion or information on changes surrounding the always incredible community mods, head over to our main thread.